Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Narnia Review

When buying my ticket I asked the girl if she needed to see my student ID and she said "No, I remember you." What does it say about you when the ticket sellers at the movie theater remember who you are? It's not as bad as it sounds, becuase we got to a little 5 screen, family owned theater that usually only has two people working behind the counter. The main reason I love it is that 1st run movies are only $3.50 all day with a student ID! Snacks are cheaper than most other theaters too, so I can get a movie ticket, pop, and popcorn for less than the price of a ticket as most other theaters. Yeah Gull Road Cinema!

Anyway, the movie...I loved it! It was very cute and well done. The kids are adorable, and the special effects for the most part were great. I loved the griffins especially. And there was only one scene where I felt like I was watching Lord of the Rings. There were some additions to the book, but I didn't mind them at all. One of the main reasons I loved the movie so much was the nostalgia factor, so if you didn't grow up reading the books you might not be as enchanted as I was, but it is still an entertaining movie.

Fun fact: the actor who plays Edmond is a direct descendant of Charles Darwin! How cool is that???

No comments: