Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Microchipped!

Isis went to the vet today for her yearly shots. I haven't had her for a year yet, but it has been a year since she got picked up by the animal shelter, so she was due. (She was actually there for 3 months before I adopted her last May! How could no one pick such a great cat for that long!!?? She must have been waiting for me!)

While at the vet, I also decided to get Isis microchipped. The vet injected a little microchip under Isis' skin, and now if she ever gets lost any shelter or vet can scan her and they will get all my contact information. Isis is an indoor cat, but she is also a very good escape artist, so I wanted to have some way for her to be traced back to me if she is found. I was watching an episode of Animal Cops on Animal Planet where they found a cat in San Fransisco that was lost in Florida and hadn't been seen in 7 years! And they were able to reunite it with its owner because it had a microchip. I don't anticipate Isis getting lost, but it's nice to know the microchip is there just in case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about microchipping, but I have heard people say you need to be sure that your information is registered and remember to change it when you move. I'm surprised the shelter didn't recommend getting her chipped when you got her.