Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Update

So yeah I know I haven’t blogged in forever. I guess there just hasn’t been much that has inspired me to blog lately. Also, ever since I had that 2 month long sinus infection in January and February, I’ve been feeling like my brain is stuffed full of cotton or something. It has been a struggle just to concentrate enough to do work stuff, so I haven’t had a lot of brain cells left to think deep thoughts. In truth, I still don’t think I am fully better. I still get headaches quite a bit. Maybe the sinus infection increased my sensitivity to some allergen or something, but I haven’t gone for more than a day or two without a headache since before I had the sinus infection (going on three months now). The headaches aren’t nearly as bad as when I had the sinus infection; it is just a nagging ache in my forehead and around my eyes that won’t go away. Advil Cold and Sinus helps a lot. What a wonderful product! ;-)

Other than that there is not too much going on. I’ve had a frustrating week in the lab so far because my PCR is screwing up. But of course I didn’t find that out until the next day when I ran my gels, so I wasted two days and still have no idea what is wrong with the PCRs. The rest of my week will probably be spent troubleshooting. Also, starting next Thursday I am giving three different hour long talks in 6 days, with a day of putting up nest boxes snuggled in between, so I will be keeping quite busy for a while.

1 comment:

Katie said...

When you're spending so much time in the lab and preparing for presentations, make sure to think of the Jamaican sun! Or you could always just put reggae music on in the office or lab...:)