Tuesday, May 16, 2006

This is why I love hockey!!!! Part 2

I lost my voice tonight from cheering!

Things did not look good for our heroes, the Grand Rapids Griffins. After blowing a chance to finish off the North Division finals on Monday night by losing to the Manitoba Moose 3-1, the Griffins had fallen behind in the series-deciding game 7.

Midway through the 2nd period they were playing terribly and losing 4-1. The Moose had all the momentum and the Griffins looked awful. You could hear a pin drop in the arena. The home team managed to score a power play goal at the very end of the 2nd period to cut the deficit to 4-2, but heading into the 3rd the situation was still grim.

Then, my boys played the most exciting period of hockey I have ever seen, scoring 3 more goals, the last one with 2 minutes left, to complete an electrifying come from behind victory to win the series!!!! LETS GO GRIFFINS!!!! If they played like that every period there would be no stopping them! What an amazing win!

Next up: The Milwaukee Admirals come to town to begin the Western Conference finals on Thursday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if the Griffins won last night, and I knew I could find out on your blog. :) Go Griffins!

Anonymous said...

Great... a hockey post