Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Comment grab bag

Happy New Year!

Sports comments:

I just watched the ceremony by the Red Wings to retire Steve Yzerman's #19. Stevie Y was the best leader ever in hockey. He was a great captain, player, and person. He is the ultimate example of a humble, decent, and classy athlete.

The Griffins played two amazing games at home this past weekend. Each of our goalies recorded a shutout against the #2 team (Hamilton, 2-0 shutout by Liv) and the #1 team (Rochester, 3-0 shutout by Jimmie Howard) in the division. In addition to solid goaltending, our team defense and motivation actually showed up! The Griffins have been really streaky this year (with exactly a .500 record right now) but if they play like they are capable of this may be a good year after all!

Headline on ESPN.com: "Lions to keep prez Millen despite continuous losing". The losing has technically not actually been continuous, it just feels that way.

The Lions couldn't even lose when they are supposed to! With their upset win against Dallas on Sunday, they lost the #1 draft pick. (Although, see previous comment for why it wouldn't have mattered anyway.)

And I don't even want to bring up the Rose Bowl... :(

Non-sports comment:

I am going to (at least attempt) a photo-a-day project for 2007. Once I get a few more I'll post a link. Does anyone know of a good photo-hosting website for me to use? The only one I know of is Shutterfly, which I'm just figuring out how to use and I'm not sure if I like it.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm starting the picture-a-day thing too (which reminds me, I need a picture for today... *snaps* There, got one). Anyway, I use photobucket for my picture hosting. Maybe I haven't figured out the best way of doing it on shutterfly, butphotobucket seems to work slightly better for making images, uhm, yoinkable, for lack of a better term.

Michael said...

Yeah it's unbelievable just how bad the Lions are. Matt Millen must have some serious blackmail stuff on the Ford family, there's no other rational explanation for him not being fired. And c'mon not even a little exposition about the Rose Bowl?! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I am also doing the picture-a-day thing ;) Ha! I am using Shutterfly for hosting, you may want to check out Flickr.

Rob said...

Did you see the BCS game? I think the Big 10 needs a kick in th butt.