Saturday, June 30, 2007

4 years since college

Katie W and I recently were discussing how long it has been since we graduated from college. (Katie’s comment: “Lindsey, you could have had two bachelor’s degrees by now!”) This made both of us feel very old. (But notice that Katie is even older than me!) It is crazy to think that it has really been over 4 years since I graduated from college. It got me thinking about all the things I have done in the last 4 years. I’ve:

--Driven my car almost 60,000 miles

--Attended over 120 Griffins games

--Set foot in 3 foreign countries and 11 US states (it will be 12 in a few weeks!)

--Taken blood samples from over 1,200 house wrens

--Attended at least 15 weddings…and 4 funerals

--Taught 3 classes at MSU and attended 11

--Bought my first (new) car, couch, cell phone, and adult-sized bed

--Given at least 10 formal talks about my research

--Moved 9 times (although those were all during the first 2 years after college)

--Used 3 different cell phone carriers and 4 phones

--For my wren project: used 249 nest boxes, 6 assistants, 2 pairs of field pants, and one pair of boots

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Isis?!?!?!

Lindsey said...

That is true! I also adopted one wonderful cat!

(When writing this post I thought about adding her but I mention her so much in this space that I didn't think I needed to do it again for this particular post.)