Sunday, April 20, 2008

On to round 2

The Red Wings finished off Nashville 3-0 today to take the series 4 games to 2. Ozzie played great in goal and should get the start in Round 2 versus either Colorado or Calgary. My favorite Wing, Nik Kronwall, had another monster hit this game. :) It makes such a difference to have him healthy and contributing on the blue line this playoffs.

I HATE watching Wings games on NBC because the announcers are so obviously anti-Wings. Pierre McGuire is the worst of the offenders, but they all do it. All the announcers (and the maybe the referees, judging by all of the non-calls on the Preds today) clearly wanted Cinderella Nashville to defeat the big bad Wings. However, I was relatively calm and confident (for me) the whole game. I just got the vibe that we were going to win. The better team prevailed and hopefully this is the start of a nice long playoff run (my last in Michigan!).

No comments: