Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!


Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. Now, (American) Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because of the FOOD, so if I get a chance to celebrate it twice a year I'm going to take advantage of it! Travis (from the Lansing gang) made a spectacular Thanksgiving feast on Saturday (although it is unclear whether the group knew it was actually Canadian Thanksgiving or not) and we all gorged. We enjoyed turkey, stuffing, mashed and sweet potatoes, apple and pumpkin pie, etc. Let me just say that Travis is a super cook anyway, and when you combine that with Thanksgiving food...heaven!

So, we can thank Canada for hockey and two Thanksgivings! I knew I liked our neighbors to the north (or east or south in some parts of Michigan).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There were comments that CN Tgiving was "near" but nobody knew exactly when. :)