Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm a Presbyterian!

Today I officially joined First Presbyterian Church of Kalamazoo! I love how progressive the Presbyterian USA denomination is. (The first ordained female pastor in the P-USA preached at my new church back in the 1950s! Any church that had female pastors long before I was born is definitely thinking about things in the right way!) Also, First Pres has a huge focus on outreach to the community, which I really think is important and many times overlooked by churches. For instance, they started a health clinic that serves hundreds of uninsured people in downtown Kalamazoo each year and are also very active with Habitat for Humanity, tutoring in the local inner city school, world peace and justice activism, etc. It feels good to belong to a chruch where I finally really feel like I belong!

No comments: