Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Best CDs of the year

So far, two CDs that I have heard this year have far outshined the rest:

1. Razorlight "Up all night" http://www.razorlightmusic.com/ (Actually released in 2004, but I didn't discover it until 2005, so I'm counting it!) I love every single song on this CD and it lived in my car pretty much the whole spring. They are a rather unknown band from England, but I can't get enough of them. Similiar sound to The Killers, Jet, etc. but more good songs on their CD than those two bands. I also saw Razorlight live, opening for Muse at MSU, and they are a phenomenal live band as well. I may have liked them better than Muse (although I'd have to think about that one for a while.)

2. Coldplay "x&y" http://www.coldplay.com/site.php
Just a great Coldplay CD. It rates right up there with "Parachutes". There are one or two songs that I don't like, but probably 10 that I do, and this CD is the one that has been living in my car most of the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a CD? :) MP3/AAC or bust! (Legally downloaded of course!) I miss having that capability in my new car -- have to change a CD every day or so or it gets old, but with an MP3 collection, you're good for weeks.

Sadly, I still have to buy CDs b/c with a music club like BMG if you catch the right sales you get them for like $7-8 each by the time you add tax/shipping. (Thinking $18 with buy 1 get 3 free and $2.80 shipping on each is $18 + 6% tax + 11.20 ship = 30.28 => $7.57 each.)

Maybe someday iTunes will be cheaper...

Lindsey said...

Would you prefer me to refer to them as best alblums of the year then? ;-)