Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Update

Hmmm...I haven't posted since Sunday so I feel like I should post something. I guess there’s nothing too exciting going on in my life right now. I bought a new couch, does that count? It's being delivered tomorrow, and then I can enjoy my new cable in style. ;-)

I am happy to report that the deer flies are just about gone. However, I only have a week and a half of field work left for the summer, so I don't get to enjoy a deer fly-free field site for very long. I am having my field assistant start taking down boxes, so if all goes well I should have many fewer to take down myself this fall. (Although I will still probably need some help. Hint hint!)

I am presenting my first two years of research at a conference in Utah in early August, for which I am both excited and nervous. So I guess I should get started working on that presentation eh? Well I can probably procrastinate one more week at least... ;-)

2 comments:

Al said...

Requests for removing bird boxes may be made over e-mail, in person, or via phone. Fax & Blogs are not acceptable methods of inquiry. ;)

Lindsey said...

I will definitely contact possible volunteers using one of those approved methods when I actually get around to taking them down, which won't be until September at the earliest. Although I do plan to do it earlier this year so as to avoid having to take them down in late November when it is 50 degrees and raining. ;-) Did I mention Alan and Katie are awesome? :-)