Monday, July 18, 2005

Moved!

Well the big move is complete. If you need my new address, please ask. I plan on being here for several years so it should stay the same for a while now.

It took us about 5 hours to move everything, which is pretty decent since I have a lot of crap. The move was complicated, however, by the "Waterfowlers' Jamboree" which, unbeknownst to me, was taking place in the bird sanctuary that day. All the roads that lead from my house to the real road were packed with people and tents and stuff, so it took you a good ten minutes just to get from my house to the road, because you had to go the pace of walking people who of course didn't get out of the way even though they had a car inching along behind them. Then you had the people who ran after you banging on your hood yelling that you can't drive back there, until you told them that you live there and they finally left you alone. That excuse also worked for the people trying to charge us admission to get back in.

Luckily, the rain chased all the jamboreers away, although of course then we had rain to deal with instead of annoying people. But in the end everything got moved and I am now in my new house! :-) Isis is settling in well, and I am starting to get unpacked. I plan on buying a couch soon, so that will be exciting. :-)

No comments: