Sunday, July 24, 2005

Best invention since the wheel?

AIR CONDITIONING! This weather has been brutal. I am so loving that I am able to keep my house cool using two window air conditioners. (Big props to Doug who gave me my second one since it wouldn't fit in his window!) Isis is also loving the cool house, and she has been a lot more active since we moved and got AC. Her current favorite toys are her scratching post and a paper bag.

In other news, the skydiving date has been set. Katie W and I will be jumping from 11,000 feet this Saturday afternoon. Woohoo! Anyone got a good phrase for me to say right before I jump to pump myself up? I guess I could just tell Katie that I'll see her on the ground or something, but I'm open to more original suggestions. Remember, you are all invited to come and watch if you want.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, does this mean that I have to come up with a phrase too? I was planning on just saying "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds! Nice Blog! Now we can keep track of you since you're no longer up north with us.

As far as what to say at 11,000 ft. How about "Our Father who art in heaven...." :) or "Geronimo!!!"

I'll probably be able to make it to "The Jump". I figured just in case your parachute doesn't open you'll need someone to catch you! ;)

Al said...

I suggest "It's more afraid of me than I am of it."