Monday, July 11, 2005

Deer flies must die

I know my field assistants hear this every day, but I would just like to put it in writing for all to see: I HATE DEER FLIES. When you add 90 degree heat and severals hours wasted trying to trap two wrens that both got away to swarms of deer flies landing all over my face and hands and biting me, it does not make for a pleasant day in the field. I know I shouldn't complain because I really do like my research, and I promise not to do it again for a while, but today was just really frustrating and I need to let it out.

As I've told my field assistants, I would pay $1,000.00 each year if it would ensure that there were no deer flies at my field site. Brian said he would keep his money and the flies, Lydia wasn't sure but thought she would pay to get rid of them. I think that if they weren't poor undergrads they would both agree with me. ;-)

No comments: