Monday, September 26, 2005

Fall TV

The new TV season is starting (FINALLY!) and I thought I would comment on the shows I’ll be watching this year. If anyone else is watching these shows, we can discuss. Also if there are any amazing shows that I am missing, please let me know. (Although I already watch too much TV I think. I try to cap it at 1 1/2 hours per day max, not including sports.)

Category 1: Shows that I will tape if I am going to miss them:
->West Wing: One of my all time fav shows, and it’s an election year this year! Who will be the next President: Jimmy Smits or Alan Alda? (My money’s on Smits.) Superb writing and cast.
->Grey’s Anatomy: A show about surgical interns that appeals especially to 20 somethings since the characters are our age and going through some of the same life issues. Good writing, interesting storylines (maybe a little racy for some), good acting.
->The Amazing Race: The best reality show on TV! (It has won several Emmys.) This season may not be as good as previous ones because they are doing a family edition with teams of 4 instead of 2. Depending on how it goes, this show may drop down a category.
->Lost: Best new show last year. (And winner of the Emmy for best drama.) Crazy plot twists and intelligent story telling.

Category 2: Shows that I will watch if I’m home:
->CSI: Katie L got me hooked this summer. Blame her. I just can’t get enough of that micropipetting!
->Desperate Housewives: A guilty pleasure. It is on right between two category 1 shows, so it will probably be watched every week as well.
->Simpsons: Classic, but not as great as it used to be.
->Arrested Development: Funniest show that no one is watching.
->Scrubs: Zany, off the wall humor that always makes me laugh.
->Red Wings Hockey: Not technically a show, but I’ll be watching anyway. GO WINGS!

Category 3: Shows that I may watch if they are on and I have nothing else to do:
->Simpsons reruns: Gotta love em!
->The Daily Show: Hilarious!
->Jeopardy: Hey I’m a nerd, what can I say.
->Survivor: Another guilty pleasure.
->Other NHL Hockey: I can’t get enough hockey!
->NFL Football: The Lions suck but I still like to watch football in general.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was contemplating this this afternoon too, except I came to the conclusion that I'm really watching very little this fall.

SG1, Stargate Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica are all on "fall hiatus" (back in January)... 24 doesn't start until then either.

That leaves Alias, Lost, and Veronica Mars. Simpsons and Malcolm too I guess, which is collectively one show then. :) Not much at all. Seems like last fall I had TONS of shows... I know 2 offhand that ended/were cancelled... but still, only 4 shows per week? I almost have time to pick up another. Too bad there's no other good scifi running...