Friday, September 16, 2005

Sequels

I saw a commerical last night for the movie Zorro 2, which comes out in late October I believe. (It is the sequel to the Antonio Banderas/Catherine Zeta-Jones movie from a few years ago.) There is also a Pirates of the Carribean 2 in the works. My question is this: can these movies possibly be any good? I loved the oringinal film for both of those, but I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment by looking forward to the sequels. Can anyone think of a movie sequel that was anywhere close to as good as the original (excluding sequels that were planned before the first movie came out like LOTR and Star Wars.)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Raiders/Lost Ark -> Temple of Doom
Back/Future -> BTTF 2
Batman -> Batman Returns
Toy Story -> Toy Story 2

Just off the top of my head, of course :)